4.19.2007


Iowa Campaign Trip









April 17, 2007


Dear friend,

Our campaign trips to New Hampshire and Arizona were very successful as I reported to you earlier. I'm now pleased to report that our recent trip to Iowa was equally successful.

On Wednesday, April 11th, I met with several conservative leaders for breakfast in Cedar Rapids. Afterwards, I was interviewed by members of the editorial board of the Cedar Rapids Gazette. Following that interview, I appeared on the CBS television affiliate for a live broadcast.

The College Republicans at the University of Iowa sponsored a speaking engagement for me that afternoon. The room was completely full and folks were standing in the hall. That evening, it was standing-room only again for a fundraising reception in Ankeny. One couple drove 190 miles in snow to attend the reception! Everyone's enthusiasm filled the room that night.

On Thursday morning, popular Des Moines radio host Jan Michelson of WHO interviewed me for 90 minutes in studio. Our conversation was lively as were the callers. It was then off to the Des Moines Register for a meeting with members of the editorial board. Later, I met with a large group of supporters at a restaurant in Ames.

Iowa State University had me speak Thursday night as part of its lectures program. Over 200 people attended. Among them was a couple and their children who drove seven hours from Minnesota to attend! The Iowa State College Republicans hosted a reception for us after the lecture.

Enthusiastic support for our campaign was found in New Hampshire and then Arizona and now Iowa. I appreciate the hospitality and support from people in those states, as well as the support and encouragement from folks across the country. I'll be speaking at the state convention of the California Republican Assembly this Saturday in Ontario, California and am looking forward to meeting fellow conservatives there.

Thank you again for supporting our campaign! Please ask family and friends to join us by going to http://www.RonPaul2008.com .

Sincerely,

Ron Paul

No comments: